Pamela Rose is known for her musical tributes.
The San Francisco musician turned her 2009 album “Wild Women of Song: Great Gal Composers of the Jazz Era” into a national concert tour that ran for seven years.
Rose has now moved on to the blues.
Her “Blues Is A Woman” show made its theatrical debut in San Francisco in 2017 and saw a month of sold-out shows. Rose has taken the show on tour with an an all-woman backing band.
The tour, which stops Sunday at Visalia Fox Theatre, is a tribute to the pioneers like Ma Rainey, Bessie Smith, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Etta James, Janis Joplin and Bonnie Raitt with music and storytelling.
Details: 6 p.m. Sunday. Visalia Fox Theatre, 300 W. Main St., Visalia. $29-$44. 559-625-1369, www.foxvisalia.org
Other noteworthy events
▪ Orgy. 7 p.m. Friday. Fulton 55, 875 W. Divisadero Ave. $20. 559-412-7400, fulton55.com
▪ And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead. 8 p.m. Friday. Strummer’s, 833 E. Fern Ave. $15. All ages. 559-485-5356, www.strummersclub.com
▪ American Mile. 7 p.m. Friday. Tower District Records, 1930 N. Echo Ave. Free. All ages. 559-478-4034, towerdistrictvinyl.com
▪ Bizare Art Festival. 11 a.m. Saturday. Calwa Park, 4545 East Church St. $5-$10. @BizareArtFestival on Facebook
▪ A Decade of Sound N Vision. 6 p.m. Saturday. Cellar Door, Visalia, 101 W. Main St., Visalia. Free, all ages until 9 p.m. $10, 21 + after. 559-239-4004, www.snvfoundation.org
▪ Disney On Ice. 7 p.m. Jan. 30, 31, Feb. 1-3; 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Feb. 1-2. Selland Arena, 700 M St. $10-$90. 559-445-8100, www.ticketmaster.com