The Illinois Legal Justice Information and facts Authority (ICJIA) declared it will make $7.1 million in funding readily available to corporations giving assistance companies and methods to communities strike most difficult by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Fascinated corporations should post an software to ICJIA by July 24th. The funding is supplied by way of the U.S. Bureau of Justice Support Coronavirus Crisis Supplemental Funding software and will guidance communities that have been disproportionately impacted by the virus. Resources can be utilized for:
• Transitional and/or emergency housing and rental support for individuals included in the prison justice system and those who have knowledgeable violence.
• Supportive expert services for neighborhood users, like total advocacy, case administration, legal solutions, psychological and psychological assist, and medical behavioral wellness services for adults and children.
• Rent, utilities, and COVID-linked provides for group-centered company functions.
• Efforts to distribute meals to regional citizens.
• Other requirements ensuing from the pandemic, as determined by communities.
Neighborhood-amount knowledge on optimistic COVID instances, unemployment, housing, and reentry will be deemed in funding decisions. Proposals are thanks by 11:59 pm on Friday, July 24th. For additional information, stop by www.icjia.condition.il.us.